Hurry up and wait...
And once the other shoe drops, unbelievably, our lives could become even more hectic if that could be possible. We would have to sign a short term rental for a couple of months while we prep for our trip, and I give notice at work. We would need to move the rest of our belongings to the rental and storage unit and then clean our house inside and out before closing on April 5th. (Exactly fifteen days away)
We will then reestablish contact with the used RV owners and take a weekend off to go check them out and to perhaps purchase if we like it. Then we would drive the RV home in time to go back to work, and then find somewhere to store the RV for the month or two before we head out.
the point where she feels comfortable to travel.
I also need to give notice somewhere towards the beginning of May, giving my employers as much time as they need to find a replacement. Absolutely no one at works knows of our plans, so unfortunately for them it will come as a complete shock. There really isn't any other way to go about it as we have to hedge our bets in case the house sale goes south. It would be fool hardy to announce our intentions only to have the trip get put on long term hold, and then have my superiors decide to go in another direction. Even one word to a co-worker could result in the whole scenario spinning out of control.
In the end we figure the end will justifies the means; or is it an end to a means?
One way or another, we will know where we stand in a day or two.